Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New babies and life


I love this time of year!
We picked up a bottle calf last week he is so cute. His name is cooper.
Our neighbor (about a mile and half away) dropped off  this cute little baby goat he said something happened to the mom and he couldn't get the little one to eat. She was so bad I didn't think she would live, my daughter and I dripped milk into her mouth every 2 hours for almost 2 days. Then at one feeding she started sucking on the nipple and is now doing great and running all over, she is so tiny we have her in the house in a playpen were she will stay for a few more days. I realized a few days later they were both (calf and goat) born February 15 how cute is that :)
Oh found this post on someones facebook, this is so true! I get my feelings hurt at some of the comments people I know make because I butcher a calf every 2 years and a pig every year. I give all my animals the same attention and they have 100 acres to run and play on its a shame they don't understand how much better they are than some places they could have ended up. Sorry just found post and it's just what I have been telling some for a few years, not talking about my blogger friends this is some family and others around town. This blog has been so nice because I run into so many like minded people and it feels really good! :)

1 comment:

  1. Usually the people who say things like that are clueless to the way their meat is raised. Feel good knowing you've given your animals a good life!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)