Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Lesson learned and lye soap

Learned a new lesson today....if the bull looks upset then maybe he is! I loaded a round bale on the tractor and was headed to one of the hay rings when the bull starts running around the tractor kicking like a calf does. I just assumed he had a lot of energy today so I kept going. Then he backs up and rams the side of the tractor, it jerked the tractor, shocked I almost lost my seating. I am now realizing he is (for some reason) mad then he runs around to the hay bale and rams it hard. He backs up and rams the hay bale a second time then he starts trying to push the tractor, head down on the bale. I am getting a little (sorry lot) scared thinking what do I do because if he rams the side again he cold catch my leg or knock me off the tractor (it's a small one) also with him pushing I'm not really going anywhere. As luck would have it my youngest daughter was driving through the field from picking up one of the kids from the bus and she starts tooting her horn and yelling out the window. The mister then stops to look at the car and I go around him and to the hay ring drop the bale and get back into the fenced in area before he gets his sights set on me again. I have walked within 4 feet of this bull before when giving grain checking on calves etc and never had a problem with him! The only thing I can think of is maybe one of the cows are coming in, or he got mad when I said shoo or he just didn't like the tractor today....I do know from now on I will never ever go near him by myself. The Polaris will get used when feeding grain and I won't feed hay if he is near, (just in case) at least my lesson learned ended up only being a bruised arm when he hit the side of the tractor! Could have been so much worse!
It's just a single color but I'm proud of it :)
On to calmer things I made my first batch of hot process lye soap yesterday, sliced them today they are now waiting for 2 weeks. :)
In this recipe I used coconut oil, palm oil and olive oil along with the lye, water and orange essential oil. It's smells really good, can't wait to try them.
I also found these rubber molds at Aldi this week for $2 each , next batch I make I want to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)