Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Creeks became a river overnight and lesson learned

I can't believe I let life get in the way of my blog last year! I had a wake up yesterday when my phone bit the dust and all last year's pictures with it. My first thought was I will have some from my blog....but alas no because with some health problems Mom had last year and a few of mine I got busy and time got away from me and I just did not post. Now I don't have any records of births,  pictures of animals or family. I alway learn my lessons the hard way!
An important event took place this past December and we lost a dear sweet cow, Snowball, she drowned in the creek where they both meet at the lower end of our property. We were lucky that her 2 month old little girl was okay (we found her with the other cows) and she now lives in the barn lot with our mini horse and seems to be thriving. We named her Taffy when she was born because she is the sam color as her Mom. Taffy is another one that will always have a home here. We had so much rain in a 2 day period that our creeks sounded and looked more like a river and Snowball for some reason was down there and drowned. She has been a part of our farm family for 10 years and is missed. I have pictures of Snowball from previous posts but with my phone broke can't put one up of her here....
I have started a new hobby! I say new I tried this once before but for some reason it didn't stick anyway I usually try a lot of different crafts to keep Mom learning new things and to keep her mind busy but this one seems to have stuck. It's making lye soap, we started out just plain then went with essential oils. We are going to try coloring next but since I only use organic oils I have been looking for natural ways to color our soap so far it's looks like we will try clays. Well I guess I have said enough for tonight. Hopefully will have working phone by next week and can add pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)