Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Yay!

Yay, I have spent 2 weeks now without having to put wood in the outside wood stove! The weather is very warm for our area, its been in the lows of 57 and highs of 86 for almost 2 weeks! I want to get the garden out sooo bad, but you never know we may still get a good frost, hard to believe though when I see all the flowers blooming everywhere. The dogwood blooms are out and with flowers everywhere our yard is smelling so like the middle of spring (not the beginning)! On the down side even with our 48 chickens running around everywhere I found a tick crawling up my leg at the barn this morning. :( Then last week when I was feeding the calf a mosquito bit my arm and I have never had a problem with mosquito's around here before! I am uncovering the rotor tiller today and checking it over, this weekend I am going to run over the gardens with the tracker tiller and (hopefully) will have the compost that was started last spring on the gardens before I tiller. Then Sunday (if no rain) go over it a couple of times with our small walk behind tiller I am so excited! My tomato and green pepper plants are between 3 to 4 inches tall now, I still need to pick up my potatoes to plant this weekend.  I wanted to get them in the ground on or before St. Pat's day but since that didn't happen hope (if weather permits) I hope I can get them in the ground around good Friday at the latest. :)
This butterfly does not look it in the picture
but it is huge!

4 comments:

  1. Spring is definitely beautiful! Daffodils are in bloom. We did get our potatoes in a couple of days before St. Pats Day. May be too early here in NW Kansas, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post so much..it has been a beautiful and warm week here too..We got our patches ready for our garden and Potatoes but it rained today and had to put it off..I'm glad you reminded me of the ticks, They are surely crawling..I hate those things as bad as a snake..Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do to! I hate to put anything on the ground though, I may just have to more chickens! :) Oh this would bother me sooo much! :D
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)