Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cows, Fences and Neighbors

The cows are always happy and never cross our fences, NOT, I wish that were true! I don't know how they do it but if a fence is down within a day they will find it, I guess the grass is always greener....at least it has only happened twice. Well this is what happened yesterday when a neighbor cut down a tree to close to our fence. It pulled our fence down on the upper corner of our property. (I guess he doesn't realize we have cows... benefit of doubt ok?) When I called the cows up, (this morning) they were bellowing from the upper corner and not coming. I walked up to check out what was wrong and sure enough... you know how it goes. They can find a downed fence to cross... but can't find said fence to come back home! Since hubby was out of state this week I was by myself (this is usually not a problem), they each have a name and come when called. The tiny problem was the neighbor wanted to help me get them back over... and our bull said no!! Now with a 2000 pound bull (or any animal for that matter), if they don't want to do something, it's better to walk away and let them calm down. This neighbor is apparently from a rather large city and has not had any experience with such large and at times stubborn animals. I don't know which became more difficult... making the neighbor understand that I didn't need help or trying to calm the bull down while getting the neighbor to go home. The neighbor did not understand when a bull (that he thought was a cow) drops his head to the ground, is stomping their hoof and looking at said neighbor, it's better for said neighbor to go back to his house! Well I got between the neighbor and Midnight (our bull) and (finally) got the neighbor to go back to his house. I then called the them back across then fence and put them in the barn lot and went back to repair the fence. The glass is always half full, our new neighbor seems really nice (and I love their accent), he just has not been around anything but small dogs. This is a picture of Midnight. He is a gentle giant, but he is treated with respect and always with the understanding that he can and probably would hurt you if pushed.

I can not get a good picture if its a black animal! Must be my camera.
Well everything is back to normal now and I am back in the house enjoying my iced coffee! :) The house is toasty warm (started a small fire last night) other wise with the chill this morning it would have been hot coffee! I am so not ready for cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)