Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Books, Books and cotton Yarn

I stopped by a couple of yard sales today with my sister while we were waiting for mom to get out of speech therapy. I am so surprised at what I found, I read all the time and knit or crochet, so I always have a book, yarn and needles with me where ever I go. Well the first yard sale I went to had 5 balls of sugar and spice cotton yarn for $1.00 each. I had picked up two at another yard sale last month. With all of these together (and with a few from my stash) will more than make all of my dish cloths for Christmas presents and leave me a few also! The next yard sale I had to splurge on myself, They had over 300 hard back books (she was in 3 book clubs) they all look brand new and at .50 cents apiece! Well needless to say I picked up about two years worth of reading for $23.00 (this is a little less than one book cost new), so I picked up 46 books for the cost of one new and they are authors I love to read!
 I really like our decision to live more frugal! Even though there are so many items (cheep and new) I am not going overboard on yard sales I have just picked up a few items that can be used. I am also actually looking forward to Christmas this year without any worries about how to pay for it! This year I am making presents for everyone except my father-in-law, I will purchase something for him. The best part is I already have most of my Christmas presents made! except for a couple more aprons and eight more dish cloths and re batching my soap! This puts a whole different approach to Christmas for me, I feel like a kid again!
 I owe a lot to Rhonda at Down to Earth for giving me the boot I needed! I have been canning and making soap for a number of years. The boot I needed was thinking about our future and what it can be and how best to get there this is what I thank Rhonda for! I think I am off to a good frugal and happy start!.  :)
This is prettier than a new pair of shoes! Hope there are other
people out there that feel like this.


Yarn and Books = Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)