Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, October 10, 2011

#2 - Make my own Household Cleaners, Shampoo and Hand Soap

#2 on my list : try to make most of our soap, laundry, shampoo, hand soap, cleaners, deodorant etc...
There will not be as many changes here, because of an allergic reaction I have had in the past.  I am not sure what caused my reactions so I have been making my own laundry soap for a while and am happy with it, I also make my own household cleaners so no changes there. There are a few recipes that I use and like,  I have them posted under Laundry and Cleaning Recipes. I have a down fall though were it comes to hand soap, I have made lye soap twice in the past two years and really liked it. I have also re batched it for use in the shower, face and shampoo, my problem is thinking ahead and not running out because like so many other things it is so easy to backslide and grab at the store!
Last year I also found a deodorant recipe on the Internet from angry chicken that I still use and love, love, love it, so no changes there. Although my mom uses a mixture of baking soda and corn starch and she like this better than what I use, so I guess to each his own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)