Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Old Iron Works Days

We went to one of our local festivals this past weekend I had to get my yearly supply of Sorghum Molasses, (they make it there while you watch). I did not get a picture of the horses turning it though, my I-Phone died! I did get a few pictures around the grounds the one pictured below is of a Wagon Wheel Rug set up, this looks really interesting and fun. I fell in love with it so I picked up a Wagon Wheel yesterday from one of my neighbors (for free) and painted it with some spray paint I had stored in the barn, (still being frugal!) so now I just need to make the legs, I also have some lumber stored in the barn so my only cost will be the screws I put it together with! whoot whoot! I think this will be a very relaxing hobby when the snow flies and we can not get out! :)
 The color of my wheel is pink
(that's what I had in the barn)
I have three of these legs to make, then I'm off
and running! I love trying something new!
I learned a few new tricks at the festival this year, I have been making braided rugs for a long time (I learned from my grandma at least 30 years ago) Anyway I hand fold the fabric in on its self while braiding, this can at times be frustrating! but these, can you believe are called braiders, pictured above, why have I not seen them sooner! Oh well better late than never :) Anyway these braiders can be picked up at most craft stores (this is what the lady demonstrating said) I have not been to a craft store yet to check it out. She said you slide them down as your braiding and they fold the fabric as you go. It looks like it will make folding the fabric much easier, cant wait to try! :) She was also using a thin flat needle, pictured below (I use a darning needle) she also said this makes it easier, I may or may not try this one.
Anyway on the way home I had to stop at the next town over from us to take a picture of a chicken, (at a Drive Thu) she was just walking around like she owned the place! I ask one of the waitresses as she was walking by about her, she said she just showed up about 6 months ago and has never left!
Why would she leave, she gets fed all day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)