Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, October 28, 2011

#5 Stock up the Pantry

This one has not been to hard, I have always loved a stocked pantry! I have though given it a good cleaning and organisation, I also added a dry board, so when I remove something I write it on the board to be replaced at the next shopping trip (usually monthly). I have also gotten into the habit of picking up an extra few items more than usual so I will have a very well stocked pantry by the time Christmas rolls around. I have also started clipping coupons, I save on the average $14.00 a trip, (with the help of double coupon and Tuesday discounts) this goes into my envelope for an extra bill pay at the end of each month. I have learned though making from scratch and coupons do not mix well, most coupons are for the quick to fix meals or ready made meals :(  but I have found some for coffee, flour, sugar, toiletries, etc..I also have the canned and frozen food from our gardens this year but sadly, not as much as in the past :( the weather did not make for productive gardens, but it could have been worse! We were blessed with what we did get out of  our gardens and it all adds up (a lot of area's had it worse)! I am already planning for next years gardens and hopefully we will get that green house done by spring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)