Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I am knitting! well learning

I have crochet since I was old enough to hold the needles in my hands thanks to my sister and grandma, but no one in my family knows how to knit! I have tried over and over the past 12 years to learn, but I have this little problem... I tend to jump ahead of myself (I try to run when I don't know how to crawl) oh well just another tiny flaw! :) Anyway this time I have found a pattern from Rhonda's blog, she got it from homespun living. After 4 days of starting, ripping out, starting getting half done, ripping out, I was determined to get it right! After all I'm not trying anything fancy just knit and purl, why cant I get it? Then, just as I was ready to raise the white flag (as I have so often when trying to knit)  I don't know what has happened (maybe I have slowed down with age or Rhonda inspires me)! But...whoohoo.... this time it is working!! I am almost half way finished with a dish cloth!! Soooo happy this is the picture of it so far below

Yay!! I feel so accomplished its like I have jumped out of an airplane! I am going to make at least 6 more dish clothes before I try something else, this time I will keep crawling! The best part of the pattern for me is I keep alternating from knit to pearl or pearl to knit, I am getting a lot of practice. I know my stitches are not the best yet, but I will keep at it and hopefully they will get better! Yay for persistence!!   :) I am going to accomplish another thing on my list of trying to live a simpler life and I do so love to use a knitted dishcloth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)