Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Deer Roast

Pictured is 2 small deer roasts about two pounds each. I cubed 4 slices of bacon and lightly fried the bacon in the cast iron skillet then removed the bacon and set aside. I then added the deer roasts and browned them both on all four sides in the bacon grease (sorry drippings!). Next remove the roast but leave  the crumbles in the pan, they have a lot of flavor!
 I then add 2 tablespoons of flour to the grease and let this lightly brown it only takes a few minutes. I then added to the pan 2 1/2 cups of water and stir, bring to a slight boil for a minute. Then put the roasts back in the pan.
 Turn off the burner and to the pan I added 6 large chunked potatoes, 1 cup carrots, 1 large sliced onion, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 cup sliced celery and the bacon that I had sat aside then salt and pepper to taste and a tiny dab of Worcestershire sauce over the roast and a half cup of water over the vegges, I then put on the lid and baked in the oven. 375 deg for 30 minutes
This is how it looked coming out of the oven, this is a very versatile recipe, I have previously added corn and green beans, another time I added a packet of onion soup mix because I had no onions in the kitchen. I have also marinated the roast over night in the fridge. I serve this with my grandmas fry bread recipe and a saled, delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)