Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

That time of the year again

Hubby and I started cutting wood, we cut, hauled to the back yard, split and stacked 6 ranks of wood this past sunday talk about tired! We are no where near finished yet, this wood filled the wood shed, the rest of the ranks will be stacked outside beside the shed and covered with tarp. Hubby and I are hopping we will have most of this winters wood put up before the end of the month. Problem being with his job they may be going to Illinios for a few months this winter so it would not work for us to run out of wood!
As you can see hubby does try to only cut wood that is dead, the two dead trees you see in the picture are hopefully what we get cut up next Sunday. I hate to see our pretty white oak trees dying, they say its some kind of pathogen or fungus killing the oak trees but this also kills other trees and with us at least it seems to only be white oaks. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)