Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Foot Problems

My daughter Makayla has a problem with a little bit of foot odor and then her skin will peal sometimes on the sides of her feet (hope she doesn't read this post I will be in sooo much trouble) if you read this love you kaykay! Anywhoo I had bought a lot of different products over the years but none seemed to help with both of her problems. A few worked better than others but I did not like some of the ingredients in them. I got to thinking my grandmother, many years ago would sprinkle corn starch in her shoes so with this in mind I thought I would try the corn starch and add to this baking soda. This seemed to help with the sweaty foot odor so I added about 2 to 3 drops of Tea Tree oil to the powder mix and put through a sifter twice. Its been 4 weeks and so far it is working her skin stopped pealing. :) I would think this should have a shelf life of at least 4 months, but it does not last that long here so not sure. I just make small batches and store the mixture in a baby powder container I also label the bottle so there is not any confusion!
1 cup of corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
2 to 3 drops tea tree oil
The next batch she wants me to add a few drops of essential oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)