Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter and Surgery

We got about 3 inches of snow last night, my hubby called and said the roads were slick this morning but he made it to work ok.

I spent a lot of time outside today (thank goodness for insulated overhauls) breaking the ice for the cows and breaking the ice for the goats (pictured) and the ice in the chicken pen.

Here is a picture of Cuddles, Connie and Bucky Can you tell they are getting along just fine now.

Thanks to my hubby, son and my nephew Rusty we have a lot of wood ranked up outside and in the wood shed.

The last time I went out to check on the animals and break the ice and check feeders (4 times now) I don't know why but the cold really got to me. I was so glad to get back in the house for a cup of hot cocoa, it's toasty warm in the kitchen and my grand-kids are making a cake with their Aunt Kay.
The most stressful event going on today was concerning my eldest daughter (Sidney and Riley's mom, she posts as "Mel" when she comments on my blogs) she just got home from hospital a short while ago. She had surgery this morning and we were all very worried about her. I was also upset because I could not get out of my driveway this morning to be with her. But she came through it fine, thank God. And her boyfriend Matt was with her, he's a really good guy.
We just finished dinner, dishes are done, the house is toasty warm and the animals are ready to bed down for the night. My worries for the day are over and turned out just fine. Hubby is home safe and sound from work what more could I ask for.
All is wright in my world again!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for all the concern Mom ^.^
    it looks like the kids has fun at your house while I was in STL -
    we will know Friday if this is all behind us
    [read: followers, prayers appreciated]
    that's a really neat picture of the fire.
    you should go back and finish the photography courses you started. you're really good without even trying to be.
    love you much! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)