Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Buttermilk Biscuits


This is a recipe that came about because I misplaced my cookbook and didn't have any oil.
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter (cold) (not margarine)
1 1/2 cup buttermilk (cold)
I baked this at 410 degrees
combine the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and baking soda. Add the butter (cut into chunks) into the flour mixture, I just use my fingers (very clean) to rub the butter with the flour mixture until it looks kinda like small peas or crumbles, then add the buttermilk stir together. Flour a clean surface and drop mixture on it and sprinkle top with flour, (just a little) I knead the dough for a couple minutes then roll out 3/4 to an inch thick, I use a glass to cut the biscuits because when I need my biscuit cutter I can never find it. I butter the pan and sprinkle with flour (tiny amount of butter and flour), add biscuits to the pan and let set for couple of minutes while the oven is preheating and bake 18 to 20 minutes. I have used this recipe over and over again, it's amazing what you come up with when you can't find your cookbook and out of oil and its 4am and hubby needs breakfast before leaving for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)