Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, September 5, 2016

Pinkeye with 3 cows

We have had a few problems with the cows this summer, not sure if it's just the rain or the temp also. One cow had mastitis, then sugarplum came down with pink eye, started treating the one eye then the next day it was in the other. She spent 10 days in the lower lot by herself then on the 10th day she seems to be doing better, she just needed treated one more time then turned out. Thinking yay almost all done (never count your chickens before they are hatched) I went to check on cattle in the field again and Callie has it in both eyes and Sister in one. I swear when it rains it pours around here! Lucky me hubby was home (Saturday) so with my daughters help we got the 2 cows up, treated Sugar plum again put patch on her eye sent her out into field, then treated Sister and added patch. Callie on the other had got treated and put in the lower lot because it's in both she has trouble seeing so now I start all over again. Fingers crossed none of the others come down with it and the 3 affected will regain all their sight. Can't wait for this summer to be over, we keep out fly blocks and spray them routinely but the Flys are still so bad.
Sugarplum isn't to happy with me, give it a few weeks and hopefully she will forget the shot and med in eye 3 times a day. When she sees me now she squeezes her eye shut and backs up.

4 comments:

  1. The vet used to give us a mastitis medicine to use on pink-eye. It came in a small tube and one treatment often cured it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish mine would have been 1 treatment. :) The vet told me to get LA300 give 60cc shot and 3cc squirt in eye. Then can't remember name (spray) 3 times a day.

      Delete
  2. Well, shoot! Hope everyone gets over it quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All over with except one that came down with it last week

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)