Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, July 6, 2012

My Aunt

My Aunt (my moms sister-in-law) just moved into an assisted living home so Mom and I went to visit her. I was worried (the usual) was it ok, was she happy etc...although this is a place she has been to before (it belongs to a long time friend of hers), its the first time we have been there and it is so cute! This log cabin (the owner) took apart and moved to his place, re-assembled and did all the work himself for the residents to enjoy.
This covered bridge he also built himself, the creek goes across in front of his house so you have to cross the bridge.
This you see as you are pulling into the driveway added with the homes  rock and wood siding with huge beams and logs inside (forgot to take a picture of the home). The house is so beautiful with huge windows floor to ceiling in the common room and dining rooms with fresh cut flowers and sunlight streaming though everywhere. It also has a spring down the road so the creek is always flowing, it sounds so beautiful from her window. She also has her own room with her own adjoining bathroom, she seems to like it and is doing really good! I know when we were there visiting her its a very calm and relaxing place, I am so happy for her. Realizing you need help and moving to an assisted care facility is never easy but it was made all the easier for her because she is with friends. My Mom is also happy because its only 18 miles from our farm, so I can drive her there anytime she wants. :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, if I ever have to go into an assisted care facility, I might just have to search this one out! It looks awesome, and sounds even better. Glad your aunt is making the transition to your satisfaction.
    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry tohaer about your aunt, hope she does good and gets used to the place..That is a beautiful place, I love your photos..Susie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)