Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wanting a day over with

Have you ever felt like you need to go back to bed and get up on the right side? Hubby came home to drop off his dirty clothes and pack clean ones (working 7 days for a week, hours from home) so I had him double check the lawn mower last night to make sure its ready for me to mow this morning. He said it was ready to go. Well I got up at 4:00am to fix hubby's breakfast and the oven wouldn't work.... kept flashing F3 then the door locked so no biscuits. No problem (I thought) I just made bagels yesterday will just toast a couple of them. Well something must be wrong with the toaster because it gave me a really good shock! If I wasn't awake before I was then! I must be a glutton for punishment because then I went out at 7:00 a.m. to mow the grass. Things were fine for over an hour, then the lawn mower shut off. I thought no problem just out of gas, no such luck the motor is locked up! Ok..... so I went up to feed all the animals and Cookie is not eating and keeps swallowing so I called the vet for a home visit. I thought maybe its my frame of mind today (2 year anniversary on dads passing), but my frame of mind would not be the reason things are breaking! So when my sister Linda came out we took a ride with my youngest daughter to checked fences. I am so glad I did, nothing feels better than getting out in the woods! The day before my older daughter and I had walked the woods because she felt like taking photos. So all the fences were all fine, none down (hey one thing not broken today)! We took a few pictures and ended up getting very wet walking creek beds then came back feeling much better.
We had some very excited Yorkies!
We decided to walk some of the creek beds
My younger daughter and our great pyranese Chewie having a little fun....



Took a few pictures of some of the creatures that also call this little farm home....




Since we decided to get wet everyone jumped in, mostly on the shallow side! :)





We all headed  home a little more calm and a lot more wet! We then looked at the lawn mower and a string had wrapped itself around the blade and locked it up. So with that fixed I finished mowing the grass......the oven and toaster are still broken and Cookie got a shot. On the up side though, nothing else I have touched has broken! Glass is always half full around here! The important thing is the day is almost over and that, to myself and most of our family, is a good thing.










5 comments:

  1. Once again, Kim, I am amazed at how much you handle in farm life! Looks like it turned into a glorious day! Simply love following your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Estelle, you are sweet! Have a good day!:D

      Delete
  2. The wet(ter) Yorkie is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Crickett, her first shot at a creek. I think she thought she could walk on water, when she stepped in she went down. She came up screaming and swam to my daughter and got out! Her next trip will be better I hope.
      Kim

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)