Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time out

This week is spring break, so I had my daughter with me when I went to take Mom to Cardiac Rehab this morning. Weelll she talked me into stopping by the coffee shop while we were waiting (I usually set in the car and read a book)...This was her idea of waiting (more calories than a person normally eats in one day) we did split the giant Oreo cookie, so I guess that makes it ok!  :)
I so enjoy nice quiet moments like this, one on one with with my baby girl. She will be graduating in May and going off to college in August, my last baby where did the time go.....

6 comments:

  1. This is very sweet Kim. Enjoy your time having your daughter home..yes, time flies by quickly! But, then..more great times lie ahead also! Hey, that giant cookies looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes the cookie it was sooo good! :)
      Kim

      Delete
  2. That cookie looked too GOOD to share! I can remember, when our oldest daughter went off to college. I would go set on her bed and cry. True! But it didn't last long, once she was happy and settled in her new life... we started the next part of OUR life. She's 41 this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I saw your comment over at Joycee about you having a bad day...then I see your photo at the top and see maybe the reason why. I lost my dad last Nov....every monthly anniversary is so hard. Wishing you peace on April 1st...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head, I keep thinking each month or year will get better but....still waiting and with youngest going off to college, that makes all three gone and in college....My dad is the reason I started this blog,(the year after he passed) he loved this farm and when I talk about working on it, (dont think I'm odd please) but it almost feels like a piece of him is still here with us and it makes me smile just a little. Sorry to hear about your dad to, hope you feel better soon also!
      Kim

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)