Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, January 27, 2012

Strawberry Banana Kefir Shake

I have been experimenting with different shakes made with my Kefir milk over the last month and this one seems to be one of our favorites. With having a diabetic in the house (mom) I really try to watch the amount of sugar I add but I also don't want to add sweeteners because of the little ones in the house. This shake does have a little tart taste but I kinda like that. On the other hand I am not much of a "love sweets" kinda person, but if you like it sweeter you can add more sugar.
1 Quart of fresh Kefir Milk
1/2 Quart of milk (I use fresh, whole)
2 Banana's
1 Pound of strawberries frozen, I used some of my stash from last summer, they are pretty sweet naturally.
2 Tbl of molasses
2 Tbl of organic sugar
6 cubes of ice
Blend until smooth, this batch filled my blinder pitcher to the top, it made 4 nice size glasses.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)