Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, December 9, 2011

Trunk found in the Barn

I think I may have open a can of worms! We were in the barn cleaning out an area so we could get the vice table out last week and realized there is a lot of stuff in the barn and also in the sheds! You know how it is  you live somewhere all your life and you kinda see without seeing? There are a few items from Hubby and I, we have owned it for 20 years but also a lot from my parents since they moved here in 1960. Mom said there is also items in there from owners before they purchased the place. My sister and I were snooping...ooops! I mean looking around :) and came across this trunk Mom thinks it belonged to our grandfather. Cute huh
This is how it looked when Linda and I got it out of the shed, needs a little cleaning on the outside..
 I don't know why it had these canning jars stored in there...(not because we country folk put our canning jars in every available space!) but the velvet looks in mint condition and also the hangers. I guess it was meant to stand, then the metal on the sides above the hangers fold out and it spaces the clothes out? Just a guess...
This is the other half  (oh what no canning jars, darn it!) it folds up and locks but when opened it has cute little areas to store things. I have it on the porch at the moment and plan on cleaning it up next week, but then what to do with it....anyone have any ideas? I would like to use it somehow rather than store it away again. I am one of those people that feel like if I don't have a place for it and have to store it, I really don't need it......maybe that is why in the past I have not dug  to deep in the barn or sheds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)