Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, December 23, 2011

PeeWee

Sad day at the farm, we lost Peewee (our black Angus cow) she was 16 years old the vet came out but there was not anything he could do, it was her age. I know when you have a farm you have births and deaths, but every death hurts, it always makes me wonder was there something I could have done that I didn't do, maybe more vitamins in her feed etc..? We took her down the hill and buried her. I know when having a  farm there is birth and there is death. For me death is always hard to handle, each and every animal is cared for and I think they in their own way they care for us too. I enjoy their company and when they see me or hubby they run excited and are always happy to see us from the big animals to the small ones. There are very few things that I dislike with having a farm, but this is definitely one of them.
This was an older picture of Peewee, before the birth of her baby. She was always a loner a few days before giving birth and this picture was taken two days before having one of her calves.

3 comments:

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)