Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas party 2011

Hubby's Christmas dinner was earlier this month, I was so nervous! This was the first time I had met all the people he works with in Illinois. Previously I had just talked to a couple. I should not have been worried, he works with some of the nicest people! And the owner of the company is really really nice :) We had sooo much fun, wish we had another to go to! But of course there wont be another until next Christmas. Sorry I forgot to take pictures, we had cocktails, appetiser's, and dinner. The food was excellent of course. Then after dinner a lot of  nice conversations. The next morning hubby had to leave early to head back to work and my daughter came to pick me up. While we were having breakfast though, hubby's boss stopped by and surprised me yet again! She said to pick a day next year and the company will fly us anywhere in the United Stated and stay for a week all expenses paid! But on one condition, she said she gets to keep his company phone while we are gone so no one can bother him! haha. I have never had this happen before, I of course got all choked up, the last real trip hubby and I had was our honeymoon. His boss said a good time to take it would be around our anniversary, we had talked about somewhere this year for a couple of days because it was our 25th anniversary, but they were working seven days a week at that time. Next May will be 26 years, but also our first date was 30 years ago, (also in May), I think the timing would be great. I talked to my sisters and they will take care of Mom and my daughters said they will take care of the animals. Now we are getting excited! it actually seems like we may be able to go, but now our problem is where to plan on going? Its not like hubby or I really ever thought about leaving the farm especially for a whole week! We have never really traveled, we do not even know where we would like to go. I know we are not really fond of big cities, we both like history, old buildings and such or maybe the ocean.....help....any ideas?
My daughter took this picture in the mirror.
She was my ride home, because hubby
had to go back to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)