Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New (to us) Goat Feeders

 Here is one of the items that were used on one of hubby's job sites, when a job is finished a few of the items, be that they are broken, not worth them moving etc...are put in the dumpsters because they are not worth moving to the next job site. This is were hubby got the wooden spools for the goat toys last week and this was a liner from a bucket lift. With this item he is making two goat feeders.
This is what the liner looks like
Here he cut off the bottom, the bottom is what he is using
for this feeder
Drilling drain holes
He made two legs for each feeder

One down, one to go....
They are all sharing, so far...
To make the second what is left is
 cut into pieces
Here are the pieces
This is the piece he cut from the top of the
liner, he is securing it to the (what was) sides
 of the liner. The sides have now become the
botom of the feeder
Sorry forgot to take a picture of the finished
second feeder, its in the background. Most
of the morning things went ok.
Then it happened Cuddles picked one! She is
such a bully, she has even taken to setting in
it while she is eating so no one can get near it.
The second feeder now belongs to everyone else
I think hubby did a good job! I could not understand how he was going to make it when he tried to explain it to me, but of course now that they are finished, I understand...Bit late I guess but I am one of those people that have to see it to understand. Total cost for both feeders was $8.20 not bad huh! Now on to the next item on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)