Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Memories

I glanced around the house this morning and my eye came upon a clock given to me by my grandma when I was 8. Instantly I was transported back to my grandma's house, I was standing in the living room with mom and dad ready to leave when she took the clock off the wall and gave it to me.
Looking around I realized the items left in our home are mostly items that were given with love and have special memories. Many of the memories are of loved ones long gone from our lives. When Dad passed away last spring and with Moms health problems she was afraid to live alone and we were afraid for her to live alone. I have taken care of both Mom and Dad for many years so it was only natural that we live together, this has really worked out well. In the beginning though (last spring) I was not sure how we were going to do it, Mom and Dad had collected many items over their 69 year of marriage and hubby and I had collected also over our 25 year of marriage. It took a lot of sweat and tears to go through the items and let many, many things go. Thank goodness I have two older sisters, that are also my friends, I would not be were I am today without their help (mentally and physically)! Most important a hubby that when I ask what do we do? his reply was, I married you knowing how close you are with your family and I knew then that one of these days we would be taking care of your mom, dad or both and that is fine with me. I love you. All these memories came rushing back this morning, all because I glance at a clock setting on the wall..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)