Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, September 30, 2011

#1 - Cook out of the freezers, pantry, pack lunches

#1 on my list is food because this is our biggest expense (except for our farm payment). So this is where we should notice the most improvement from cutting back.
No more eating out just because its easier and quick or because I don't have anything defrosted, out of milk, or whatever else excuse I have used in the past! I will make a list of meals for the week, with the ingredients needed stored in the pantry ahead of time, this will eliminate the quick trip to town (I always end up getting more than I went in for). This is a big one for me on the "less waste" preparing dinners that may carry on to left overs for lunch (or dinner) the next day and of course packing our lunches.
Hubby works out of town so thank goodness he has a company truck to drive, so no gas worries there! I work for a company that gives help to elderly or disabled, so I can be usually be home to eat meals, but on days when that is not possible than pack my lunch. No more eating out (grabbing something from drive thru) because I don't think I have the time! the night before I will prepare for this, I will!! I think I can, I think I can .. whoo whoo!!  I pack hubby's lunch and fix his breakfast in the mornings, I have been doing this for about 4 months (at 4:00am yawn.). I have noticed a big difference there and of course I fix dinner in the evenings.
 I got in the habit (ugly bad bad habit, slap hand) of bringing home take out at least once, or sometimes twice a week for dinner and that will be no more, stop, put on the brakes! Once a week the money I would have spent on this I will transfer to my envelope and pay extra on a bill at the end of each month. I realize this month only has today left in it, but I still started today, I DO NOT want to wait until tomorrow. New motto: Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today! :)  I think #1 will be enough to start with and I will add to this cut back every chance I get! I am afraid if I went cold turkey with the list I have made and started it all at once I would be upset after a little bit and go back to bad habits (like when I tried the, ugly word DIET well....needless to say went on a 1000 calorie and cough, cough, that did not last long!), I will keep reminding myself crawl before I walk...
I have a list of 10 things I want to cut back on for a more simple and hopefully near the end of my list a good start to our slowly working our way out of debt and living a more relaxing and calm life! I am starting on # 1 and realistically I am hoping the next will just flow with the next. Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)