Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Liquid Soap

I ran out of my basic soap yesterday this is the main ingredient in many of my cleaning supplies it is really easy to make! I start it by grating 2 bars of my homemade soap. However, you could also purchase castle soap then grate it. Anyway, add the grated soap to your water. Stir over low to medium heat until the soap has melted then take off the burner and add sure jell to this. Stir some more until this has also dissolved. Now wait for the mixture to cool a bit and pour into prepared jars (I use a strainer just in case a little of the soap bits did not dissolve), that's all there is to it! I use this basic liquid soap for may things around the house. When I remove the amount I need it is jelled you may have to remove it with a spoon, but when added with other ingredients, just whisk.
Basic soap recipe
2 bars soap (about 6 to 8 ounces)
4 cups of water
1 ounce of sure jell (same as used in making jelly)
Here are my three ingredients
Heat over a low to medium burner, stir and when
melted add your pectin. Be careful if it starts to bubble
turn down so you don't get burned!

 When cool pour into prepared jars, now you have your
basic soap which can starer for many things around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)