Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Laundry + Fresh Air = Better Me!

Thought I would talk a little about laundry today, I know not my favorite subject either but.....a little over a year ago we had to do some drastic changes in our lives and the laundry room/freezer room needed to become a bedroom. What to do with the washer and dryer you ask.....well the washer was put in the kitchen it really does look good in there (kinda out of the way) its a front loader pictured below.
Sorry doing a tub of laundry
But what about the dryer? It went bye bye I was a little nervous at first, I had no problem with hanging clothes out in the summer actually I quit enjoy it! We have no neighbors near us (the house sets about in the middle of the 100 acres) so we are blessed with quiet! When I am hanging out our clothes the only noise I hear are the birds, goats, chickens and an occasional dog barking. Doing this simple task has changed something I used to dread (when I used the dryer) into something I enjoy, it is very relaxing and has become my time to think and reflect and don't forget the fresh air! :D  But what about in the winter? This concerned me  with 5 people in the household. Now, with winter over, I can tell you I had no problem! I picked up a small wooden dryer rack and placed it near the heating duck (outside wood heat) and the clothes were dry in about 3 to 4 hours whoohoo, no worries! Also, as a side benefit, I am saving on the electric bill and helping the environment at the same time (I also think they look pretty hanging on the line). So its a win win situation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)