Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sting or Bug Bite

This is one of those remedies that when I was growing up was a common place my grandma used it, mom used it, and I also used it on the little ones (I don't know where grandma got it from) so anyway I never thought much about posting on this, but it does work.
Wipe off the affected area gently with a cold (white, thats what grandma always said) wash cloth, then apply the mixture below to the affected area. This mixture dries and can be applied again, but if you have any left over when finished discard. When the redness and irritation have subsided my grandma always put a cold wet (again white) wash cloth on it for a few minutes, then gently washed off the baking soda.
The ingredients are simple: close to a 50/50 mixture of baking soda and water, just a tiny bit more baking soda. You can mix this in a bowl (grandma always used the palm of her hand) because it not a lot maybe 1 1/2 Tbl baking soda and 1 1/2 Tbl water, with a tiny bit more baking soda.
I added this next step because we seem to always have an aloe vera plant growing above the sink, (used mostly for minor burns in the kitchen). I break off a leaf of this plant squeeze and gently rub the juice onto the area, this cools and relieves. 
Sorry no pictures, I take all my pictures for my blog with the I Phone 4 and its acting funny so to the Apple store it goes. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)