Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden 2011

FINALLY we are getting are garden in today I was beginning to think it would not happen this year but better late than never! Hubby is back on 50 hours a week so we are getting a lot of farm work caught up. The problem was not only the hours he was working (we knew it would be for  3 months) but it never failed when he came home for an afternoon once a week the ground was always to wet! From what other people have told me that did get their garden in most said it did not do any good and they had to replant. This is the latest I ever remember putting in our garden, we will probably only put in the one this year and if it turns out then count ourselves lucky. So this year I am sure it is going to be farmers market here we come! The picture below makes me very happy! :)
This is the small garden we have every year, the upper garden we will probably let rest this year (not by choice) we will feel lucky if this one turns out! We have planted 36 tomato plants today, (we did not even plow with the tractor, just the rototiller). Tomorrow I will put in 8 cucumber plants, potatoes, onions, zucchini, green beans, green peppers, corn. We also wanted sweet potatoes, but to late in the year now I cant find any. I am not sure now typing this out I realize how little this is, I may talk to hubby tonight and try to get the upper garden plowed. I know its late in the year, or maybe...I can talk him into starting my green house? Love you hubby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)