Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fabric Softner

I love fabric softner but do not like the perfumey smell, the ingredients below softens my clothes and also helps keep my whites white (we have hard water). When vinigar is added to the rince cycle it will naturaly soften your fabrics! I use my veggy peeler and take the rind off of about 5 to 6 lemons (when I am making lemonade). I then put the rind into a gallon jug of white vinegar and set aside for 2 to 3 weeks. I strain this mixture thru a cheese cloth, then to use as fabric softener I just add 1/2 cup of this mixture in the rinse cycle.
When I am not making very much lemonade I have used lemon balm. I just put a couple of handfuls of lemon balm into one of my 1/2 gallon ball or mason jars (wide mouth) and let this mixture set for a couple weeks, strain and use as above (This has a lemon/minty smell).
I have also just used straight white vinegar, when the clothes are dry the vinegar smell is gone. I end up with a clean earthy type smell when I take them off the line instead of a perfume smell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)