Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, April 8, 2011

The new chicken house

This is the front of the chicken house that my hubby built for me, he finished it in November 2010 just in time! It has 6 brooder boxes that you can get to by walking inside or open the door on front in the above picture. It also has a window that I can open when its hot, so the ladies can get fresh air at night and it has electric yah! I have a light that comes on a couple hours early in the morning (before daylight) then goes off and comes back on for a few hours after dark. 
This is the back side, it also shows the door they use to go in and out of the chicken house (to the run) on the left and to the left of that little door is the door we use to get into the house. The back side of the chicken house looks bare and I have been thinking what to do with it (it can be seen from our road).
I was wondering since we have been doing a lot of cleaning up around the farm lately we have found a lot of interesting objects many were buried in the dirt, some I know what they were used for, others not so sure. I cleaned them up and was going to hang them on the outside of the barn, but the smaller objects I think would look cute painted and put on this side of the chicken house! Oh no I think I just started another project, well I will try this after I finish the rock paving my sisters and I are working on!
My hubby says he is not a carpenter, but I think he did a  good job building our chicken house and I think the chickens appreciate it to!
humm I have an idea since he did such a good job on this project and its warmer weather now I have some other (building) projects......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)