Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, July 13, 2014

vacation, home and new little ones

We had a really nice vacation! I told hubby we need to do this at least once every couple years :)
But it felt so good to see our driveway again!
It was nice to realize the next morning that nothing had changed.....short britches (Dexter calf) got into the yard and was trying to reach into the goat pin to eat their food. Gilbert (my goat) was as usual not happy about it....
The little guy (Rosie's calf) is now three weeks old, the poor girl can't take care of him by herself (developed a problem last year and now doesn't produce enough milk) so she brings him up twice a day and we give him a bottle.
Rosie still loves to lick the bottle after her baby is finished....
We did have a nice get together on July 4th, my 4 month old grand daughter was amazed by the fireworks...
My nephew's favorite thing was the desert...
Hubby and I went to a goat farm last week to get a 2 month old male goat...but we also fell in love with a 3 month old girl so we came home with both! Above is their family :) I have pictures of the new arrivals but can't seem to get them to load so maybe next post. The couple that have the farm are very nice, the kind of people you feel right at home pulling up a chair and talking a bit with.....of course we more or less did just that.....she even taught me a few things I didn't know about goats. All in all so far its been an eventful July!


2 comments:

  1. Your home looks so peaceful and relaxing! I live in Latvia and I grew up on a farm too. I couldn't wish for a better childhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi baiba thank you! It is peaceful and relaxing but also a lot of work keeps me busy. :) my oldest daughter has a friend that lives in Latvia its very beautiful there.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)