Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, March 10, 2014

So fun being a Nanny!

This has been such a happy and busy week, although it didn't start that way....
We had more ice than snow fall last Saturday so we could not get out our 3/4 mile drive Sunday or Monday. Most days this is okay with me, but since my daughters floor was getting the finishing touches done and she was with us....and 6 days over due I was a nervous wreck! My Mom (I am her caregiver) was all excited she kept going on and on about how her mom (my grandma) was a midwife and how many children my grandma delivered and how many mom got to assist with and she could deliver the baby herself and my daughters whatever will be will be attitude.....between both of them I had my hands full! :)
The little one decided to wait until the inducing on Tuesday and by then we could get out our drive. :) she was born at 2:17pm and weighed 7lb 15 oz. I am one proud Nanny and icing on the cake her house will not be ready until later this week so I get to hold her every day (when her mommy doesn't have her)
And then of course there is great Grandma (my mom) that also gets her turn, here is great grandma burping her (this little lady is going to be so spoiled!) 
I wish this weather would make up its mind! This picture was taken the day after the baby was born, my son and I had the kids at the park and it was beautiful out. The weatherman (hope he is wrong) says we will be getting another storm in a few days....

5 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for the update! I have been "nesting" waiting eagerly for the news. What is her name? You are so lucky you get to hold baby for all that time and breathe the "newness". Smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JMD her name is Saria, yes I am having so much fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd sure like to hold that beautiful baby.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janie and yes it is so much fun to just put everything on hold and just set with her in my arms :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)