Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby its cold outside....

I am so ready for spring to get here:) its bitterly cold, I made all the animals more beds yesterday and brought the two big dogs in the house for the night, our small ones stay in the house. Everything was checked and rechecked before bed and I made a list so I wouldn't forget anything and checked it off, when its -10 degrees (we have not gotten this cold in years) and a foot of snow stuff seems to go wrong!
My list looks kinda like this:
pump house heat bulb on (more important has not burned out) checked twice a day
goats in there bed in the barn for the night, check
rabbits left there bedding "in" their bed, check
brake ice in pond for cows (in this weather its four times a day)
heat bulb stays on in chicken house, check
Check fire every four hours from 6pm to 6am, when this cold its hard keep the chill out
Etc. you get the picture :)
This is what all the windows look like
on the front porch
I have been watching the show "Alaska the last frontier" this past year and started thinking.....I talked to hubby about how nice it would be to live there, really considering it.....(while setting in my living room, during summer)....well I don't know what I was thinking or "if" I was thinking! The place is sooo beautiful , but if I can't handle 48 hours of below zero Alaska is not for me  :) I'll just watch the show and think how pretty the area is and remember it takes a special person to live there and make a living.....I want spring.....summer would even be better....I feel like acting a child and stomping my foot and saying NOW! Okay, big girl panties back on, smile on face with rant over its 6:00am, I need to bundle up, check the fires and make sure all the animals made it through the night.
Here's to everyone staying warm



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That IS bitterly cold. Keep warm and also the animals! We have 13 degrees in TX this AM....does not compare to what y'all are experiencing however! Keep blogging and baking love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are bitterly cold here for NW Florida. Problem here is no one has clothes warm enough for this weather. I had 3 layers of clothes on and still cold. They will probably cancel school tomorrow. Wind chill factor of 6 degrees expected I would stamp my foot to rush in spring if it would do any good!
    Stay warm my friend!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've let the Giant Sloppy Dog and even Outside Kitty in the house since the day before. Lots of hay, bedding, water checked every two hours for the outside critters. I just want to crawl under the feather quilt until spring. Hope you & yours are keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want spring too. Only 73 more days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cold! I'm not sure how well I'd cope with a really long cold spell. We've had a really mild winter so far, although its been really wet. Not good for some of the work I do. Today was spent on a wet and windy roof - full waterproofs all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you take such good care of your animals. You work very hard.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)