Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Amaretto Apple Butter

I tried something different a couple of weeks ago that I thought was soooo good that I had to try to make it at home. Its one of those flavors that I guess you really like or its soso, Mom and I loved it but from both my sisters I got a thumbs up from one and a thumbs down from the other....Guess you cant please everyone.  :D
Since I have already frozen or canned all my apples I had no choice but to buy a gallon of applesauce (I could only find sweetened), but that's fine I new I would have to add sugar anyway. This recipe makes 6 pints and I think I came pretty close to the pint I purchased at the farmers market.
Ingredients I used
1 Gallon sweetened applesauce
2 cups amaretto
2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
2 cups sugar (or again to taste)
one box of fruit pectin
I added the above ingredients together
(except the fruit pectin)
                                                  

 I cooked on low to medium heat for a little over an hour (stir often)
 then I added the fruit pectin and cooked about another 15 minutes,
 just until it starts to thicken
I then poured the amaretto apple butter into clean hot pint jars, added the two piece lids and hot water bathed them for 15 minutes.
I am having a slight problem with my blog post for the births in December when I try to load the pictures it gives me "You can upload JPG, GIF, or PNG files" I add my pictures with the browse option I just pull them off the desk top well its not there just the above upload, help anyone please !

3 comments:

  1. My goodness Miss Kim! This sounds soooo good..I cannot wait to try this! Thank you for sharing this yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but it will not come close to your recipe's!! :)

      Delete
  2. I had this problem with my blog once. Is yours fixed yet? If not, I will try to figure out my fix. I do remember it was easy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)