Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cattle Guard

Hubby was on vacation last week soooo I made a list of things that I cant do by myself here on the farm....and I am happy to say we (more hubby than me) got a lot of things accomplished on the list. The first thing on my list was the cattle guard, about every two years it fills up with dirt, gravel and leaves and it has to be lifted and dug out or the cows would be able to walk across it and of course this defeats the object of a "cattle guard". :)














We dug the left half and still had the right half to dig in the above pictures, we ended up needing to dig out a little over 2 feet of gravel, dirt and dead leaves.....
We dropped the cattle guard back in place here and the only thing left for us to fix/repair were the sides, replacing the sides only took an hour the digging took a bit longer :) .....one thing off our list for another 2 years! We were very lucky the weather stayed warm the whole week and this made getting much need repairs a lot easier to accomplish!
Although some things never charge......
The phone always rings when your busy with the animals....
Sparky sits every day (all day when hubby is home) in the Polaris waiting for a ride in the fields....(he is afraid he may miss a ride if he does not sit in it)
And of course Sparky gets numerous trips to town with us, every place we stop from the feed store to the bank he gets dogie treats where ever he goes and of course we usually stop by to get him a burger on the way home.....Sparky really makes a kill en when hubby is on vacation! :)
We also got 2 cords of wood cut, barn repairs done and some fences fixed all in all we had a very productive week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)