Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

With no rain...

Sad time at the farm today, with not enough rain this past summer when it came to getting hay this year it has been....difficult. The farmer we usually get our 60 bales of hay from is delivering only 30 bales and this is only half of what we need to do us for the winter. The only thing we could do is to sell some of our animals :(
I could only keep three goats, little Gilbert (our bottle baby that thinks he is a dog), Coco and Jill. The others all went to the auction last night, the auction barn is about an hours drive from home. I knew my goats would be missed, but not to this extent (I cried this morning) I got out the four wheeler to check on the animals and my goats always come running to inspect the inside of the trailer (in case something has changed) and since Coco and Jill are in the fields crying no one came to inspect the trailer. Then to add to it animals are down so I got less than half of what they are worth. The glass is half full though I know a few of the people that purchased some of them and they went to a good home. With the goats gone that is 8 bales less we will need for the winter and since we usually have about 10 bales left over at the end of the year we are about 12 bales short. I may have to sell a few cow's also but I am going to wait a few more weeks to see if anything comes up. The problem is the hay we are getting is over double what the usual cost is so even if we found more hay not sure if I can afford to buy anymore. 
With a note on the up side our internet has been down for over two weeks but the tech came out today and repaired it, feels good to be back on line again.

2 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you Kim. I will pray for your family and those precious animals....many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)