Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A little of this and a little of that

Here is Reba on left and her little buddy (no name yet) on right they are at the present time inseparable and since they are both girls I am keeping them both :)
Here are our two turkeys, keeping fingers crossed one is a girl and one a boy.
The one my grand daughter name turkey lurkey (above) is always curious and very friendly
We have gotten a little bit of rain twice in the last two weeks so the grass is finally getting a little green :) We had to feed two round bales last month so I am very happy to see color again!
Great grandma and I took my grand daughter Sid to the afternoon matinee yesterday to see Ice Age. Sid talked to the attendant and was very happy to inform me her little piglet got in for free, she said she saved me money :)
Not sure what Gilbert was trying to do here....I removed the collars from the milk goats last week and hung them over the fence in the barn lot. Gilbert somehow got one off the fence and around him while we were at the matinee yesterday, I think he gets board on his own
....and Cuddles....I didn't even know the little hens house would hold her weight. Gotta love her!
Well back to canning I got another 7 quarts of whole tomatoes canned along with 10 pints of zucchini relish, so that takes care of all the whole tomatoes and relish we need for winter, now I am starting on stewed tomatoes, pizza sauce and salsa :) Our tomatoes are doing fine, I just wish the green beans and potatoes would have been more productive. The sweet potato tops look great :D so I am keeping my fingers crossed they produce. I am picking apples this evening looks like we should have at least 10 gallons or more (hope) they along with what seems like everything else are also very small this year, better small though than none at all :) glass is always half full!



2 comments:

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)