Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Saturday, May 26, 2012

River Wedding

My nephew got married last Saturday to a very sweet girl (my new niece) :) at the river where our family have a lot of happy memories. Here are a few of the photos although my I-Phone does not do them justice it was so beautiful, wish my Dad could have seen it he could have even worn his overalls!
May 19,2012

My nephews on either side of their Grandma (my Mom) photo left. They would not smile for me the brats! :)
The groom & groomsmen arriving in the john boats on the right


The Groom as he stepped off the boat on the left......had to get a close up of the casual shoes he wore :)

The ring bearer and flower girl on the left
The Bride (on right) arriving on her boat with her two sweet boys that are giving her away.

Walking the bride down the isle
The bride and groom having a song sang to them from long time friends
Saying vows and exchanging rings
Bride and Groom giving a Rose to the Grooms Mom on left and Grooms Grandma on the Right. (My Mom and Sister). The Bride gave Roses to her parents also but regrettably I could not get a good picture.
The kiss.....I thought the little ring bearer on the right was just too cute!
Dancing down the isle was just the right touch (music playing, I'm all right), my nephew has always done things just a little different :)  we all love them both so much.

The Bride will have her hands full!
 The Bride and Groom walking down to their boat
The Groom pushing the boat off
The bride and groom headed down river to meet their wedding party for pictures

The wedding party headed down river to meet the Bride and Groom

Bride and Groom getting off the bus after taking pictures





The Bride and grooms table on left and on the right the gift table, the bird cage held their cards.



Their friends and the Brides family did a really great job with the food, tent and decorations!

Cutting the cake.....and what would a wedding cake be without a little bit on the face

First dance as a couple

Groom on the left dancing with his Mom (my sister).                       Bride dancing with her Dad on right
The Groom walking his Grandma up for a dance (notice the walker) Mom can't walk very well without it....but we found out she can still dance without it though! My nephew said Mom was leading him! She always loved to dance and had danced on stage starting at the age of three until she turned eight. She said she has not had so much fun dancing in a very long time. (it didn't have anything to do with dancing with one of her spoilt grandsons!) wink wink!


We left shortly after the party started, hubby worked 11 hours and had to drive 4 hours to get there and he was tired also had to work next day and Mom needed to get home. I heard the party lasted until 2am and they had a lot of fun and ended by camping out at the river.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a dream wedding..I love it and your pictures are so good..Congrats to them both..Susie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)