Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Cattle trailer

We have a new cattle trailer!  Well new to us....it was actually made in 1973, hubby has been on the look out for one for a couple of years. He wanted an older model he says the metal is thicker and this one only has slight rust, its been redone in the past. I know...I said no more big items for a while, but like usual he managed to get it in a trade so no money exchanged hands.
She need a little work...like tires replaced and I can sand/paint it and few other minor things, but I think it looks great!
It has a side door, in case one (or more) of the animals we are loading gets a little grumpy we can open the side door and get out! It also has a door inside so we can load a few in front then close and latch the inside middle door and put a few in back and best of all I will not have to pay someone $50 a head to haul animals for me anymore! :)

7 comments:

  1. That's very cool. It is showing as two different colors. Which one is it closest to, the orange of the top, or the more fire engine red of the bottom picture?

    We are more in horse (and tobacco) country here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more fire engine red (thats the color inside). I love horses but have not had any since I was 6.

      Delete
  2. woo hoo...Now you can charge $50.00 a head and make a little pocket change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always figured that you could make a good inexpensive camping trailer out of one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)