Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fencing an area off for Rosie and calf

I had to put Rosie in the barn lot a few days ago since she is not giving enough milk for her baby I started bottle feeding her once a day, if this is not enough I will add another bottle. The lot we put her in was previously set up for a bottle baby (when needed) so Rosie and calf cannot stay here its to small. My sisters and I fenced off a temporary area today for them both were it is kinda close to the house and I can keep an eye on them and they have shelter. We had a lot of rain followed by snow earlier on this week and since all the snow melted in a couple of days the ground is saturated! Today is the first chance we had to fence in an area and we are working in a LOT of mud! The only good thing is since it warmed up to almost 60 and with all the mud it was not hard to get the posts in the ground. :) I will keep Rosie in this lot until the baby is at least 2 months old or she starts giving more milk, whichever comes first.
Loading the toy with fence posts, wire and
T-Post driver
All loaded up and ready to go, except my
little nephew is not driving :)
My sister on the right came ready to work, but
since my sister on the left did not she rolled
up her pants....
After we the fenced the area off we took a nice long ride on the gravel roads before putting up the toy. Then treated ourselves to lunch out, we really had worked hard! I don't know what I would do without my sisters help, since hubby has a few 7 day work weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)