Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sparky my protector

This is Sparky, he is hubby's dog and they both love each other to pieces! Give Sparky an inch with hubby and he will take the proverbial mile.



This is what happens when hubby puts wood in the fire on the weekends, usually by now though he has ended up in hubby's lap. Sparky has not a care the world when he is with hubby.
During the week when I put wood in the stove at night this is what I get. I am in the wood shed while he has his back to me looking from side to side and every so often he lets out a deep growl. Sparky and hubby may be best buddies, but he is my protector. :)





6 comments:

  1. Love the first photo...Sparky looks like he is smiling.

    I have discovered that the only thing the dog wants is love~and in return we receive a thousand percent return.

    Have a great day!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer and I agree totally, thanks for stopping by! :)
      Kim

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, So nice to meet you. Thanks for coming to my blog... Please come back anytime and I will return to yours.

    Yes--it's good to have a furry protector --especially when you are in the wood shed at night!!!!! We don't live on a farm--but we have a wood-burning fireplace which we use most all of the time during the winter. I love it!!!

    Hubby and I are retired --and we enjoy traveling, hiking (especially to find waterfalls), just being out in nature, gardening (flowers), and I love my backyard birds...

    Come back to my blog anytime.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, I think I'll follow if you dont mind :)
      Kim

      Delete
  3. Now we've bought our little farm I should be getting a little protector in the summer. When I use my fathers landrover someone said to be the other day "dont you lock it?" I said if you want to rob it go ahead - dads dog, Milly, will only let a few of us drive the vehicle when dads not around. God help anyone else who trys to get in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nothing is better for a protector than a dog that loves you! Congrats again on the farm! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)