Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brother PR 600 it keeps on ticking :)

I have been so busy the last four days I have not even had time to blog! I received a phone call from one of my very good customers,  he had forgotten to call and order some patches from me (last month). The meeting is only six days away and he was hopping I could still get them done.....so everything the last four days (except the family and animals) was put on the back burner and drum roll please.......I got them finished today and with an overnight Monday he should have them by Tuesday the day before the meeting! :) I usually would not try to get this big of an order out so quick (stress) but I have done lot of work for these customers since I picked them up in 2004 (they have 5 states) and this is the first time it has happened. While I was working on the order it dawned on me, I have had this machine since 2003 and have put a lot of stitches on it. The only repairs that have been done were minor and also its yearly service, so I decided to take a look at my stitch count. I have put 1,332,445,4 stitches on this machine since 2003 and 4,692 hours run time! I had no idea I had done that many stitches, I guess that is why when I take it in for its yearly service the last few times the service department makes a comment about my old machine! :) They are very expensive so I hope it keeps on ticking for another (at least) 5 years. Anyway we had a major problem with Shirley (one of the little goats) tonight I promise to blog about it tomorrow (if she is okay) gotta go I need take care of her again.

4 comments:

  1. That kind of dependability is hard to find these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is, my machine is about the only thing I have purchased in the last 20 years that has lasted this long. (keeping fingers crossed)! I had to quit my job to take care of mom, so this replaced some of my income, hope it last a while longer :)

      Delete
  2. Whew! Sounds like everyone can breathe a sigh of relief! Hope the same is true for Shirley. I tried to read your last blog, but something is up with Blogger, or my computer, or something. I couldn't read it. :( I'll be sending good, healthy vibes your way.
    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, she is doing just fine now. I have been having problems with Blogger to for the last week. I try to comment or read someone's blog and it will not let me I hope they fix it soon!
      Kim

      Delete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)