Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hot Mocha Coffee

I love coffee! Hot Coffee, Iced Coffee, Carmel Mocha , French Vanilla... Well I guess you get the idea, anyway here is one of my go to recipes I keep in the fridge, mainly adapted because..coffee houses are expensive. Even Starbucks at the local grocery store is off the charts compared to making it yourself :)

1/4 cup Hershey CoCo
1 cup brown sugar loose packed
4 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of Sweetened Condensed milk

Add water, brown sugar, white sugar and coco powder to a sauce pan and warm on low heat, when sugars are dissolved, set aside to cool (about 5 minutes) then add vanilla and sweetened condensed milk and transfer to a glass container (I use a half pint ball jar or sometimes a creamer container) and store in the fridge until ready to use. Although I have not kept it in the fridge longer than one week.
When ready to use I add 1 1/2 Tablespoons (or more) :) of the syrup to a strong cup of coffee and I also add about 1/4 cup of evaporated milk (or whole milk) to the cup stir and enjoy! I use this in my hot coffee, I have another recipe I use for Iced Coffee that is oh sooo good, will share this at a later date!  Oh but when I  really want a calm set down (slap hand, but then proceed!) I add whipped cream with a drizzle of Carmel on top....mmmm think I'll go have a cup....
Almost forgot, this also makes really good Hot CoCo just add 2 Tablespoons to a cup of hot milk, stir and top with a little whipped cream (like in the above picture) enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)