Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, November 4, 2011

Really good sandwich bread

I usually make bread twice a week and this recipe makes a really good sandwich bread. Hubby came home a couple hours early yesterday just as I was putting them in the pan for the second rise. So one ended up my normal (white) bread, the other hubby had a hand in. It really did turn out nice, I think I will make his version again.

Ingredients:

2 Cups of warm water about 110 degrees
2 Tbl of active dry yeast
2/3 Cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups flour

In the bread machine I added all the wet ingredients, then added the sugar, salt and flour, then I made a well in the center and added the yeast. I turned on the bread machine and let it do the first kneed, rise and rest, then I removed it and punched it down and shaped them into loaves (hubby added a few ingredients to his before I shaped it). Both pans were well oiled and a little flour sprinkled around the pans. Let them rise for at least 30 to 45 minutes (or double in size)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven


Hubby rolled the dough out, then added over the top
1 Tbl of butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup (unsweetened) applesauce
2 Tbl sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
He also wanted to add raisins, but I was out! Next time though I will add them
Then I rolled it up and tucked in the corners (this is the same as I always do bread) I just do not add anything on top, then left it along with the other to rise.

My bread usually does rise good, but these did double duty. The only thing I did different was the bread machine first rise.
As you can see rise they did! They were to big to fit in my oven, I had to remove the above rack. I think I will use the bread machine method again, just to see if that was it or if it was just a fluke.

Mine turned our really good but....

Hubby's was better, really good actually, this
recipe is a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)