Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hubby's Race Car

In our attempt at trying to become debt free, my hubby decided his race car needed to go. With no time to race it (last time was 2006) and wanting to put the enclosed trailer for sale also (car has to go first).
He placed it on the Internet for sale or trade, well he found something he could trade for and turn around and resale.

 So off we went to meet the gentlemen, I did not realize at the time but something hit me when I watched hubby unload his car and load it onto someone else's trailer.
This is another changing event in our lives (added to the many from the last 18 months)! This was at one time something we very much enjoyed and looked forward to each and every weekend. But alas our priority's have changed (not that we have gotten older) haha. We still love watching Nascar, Truck Races and dirt track, but liquidating unused items will help us along our road to retirement.
It was still very sad when we watched the race car go down the road on someones else's trailer, items sometimes have a surprising hold on your heart strings, not them exactly but the memories of happy time they invoke.
This is what he traided the race car for, hopefully this will be easier to sell, or now he was thinking maybe easier on gas....may keep...I'm thinking sell quick before he changes his mind. haha :)

3 comments:

  1. My husband and son love to go to the races. They love the dirt track races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie
    My favorite is the dirt tracks also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must’ve been a bittersweet moment for your hubby. It’s hard to let go of something that you’ve been attached to, particularly a race car that once gave you happiness in racing. I hope this little motorcycle will give him the same excitement as the race car did.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)