Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#6 - Re-Use, Re-Purpose

#6 On my list no buying new if what you have can be repaired, or can be purchased gently used!
A easy way to save  here will be "bye bye" department store, "hello" thrift store! This will be one of the easier things to change in our lives (or do more often), I have used the thrift store before. Many times the clothes there still have the price tags on them, so you know the items cannot have been used!
Yard sales are another good option, this I have also used many times in the past. The problem I have though is picking up something because I think (at the time) I may use it in the future. This cannot happen anymore or I will undo the good I have done with #3 (hence this is where a lot of the items I said had dust on them probably came from) haha. So if I do not have a use for it at that time DO NOT BUY!
If clothing items are in bad shape, do not throw away, cut up and turn into wash cloths, or cut into strips for rag rugs. Rugs make great Christmas gifts and more or less free, most of my family are getting one of these from me! Or if really bad, cut up and give to hubby for grease rags. I am amazed at how much money I have been saving, should have done this list a long time ago! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)