Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Future Layers

Here they are the day I brought them home

I decided to try picking up our baby chicks from Orschelns this year instead of our usual mail order. Our usual mail order is Murray McMurray in Lebanon Mo. I have used them for many years now and have never had any problems, the chickens are always exactly how they advertise them! Its just this year with everything going on I decided to just get 20 little ones. I picked up an assortment of layers, Road Island reds, black australorps, Orpingtons, New Hampshire reds, Silver Laced Wyandottes,ets... I love to see a variety of colors when they are running around the farm (during the summer)
1 week old
5 weeks old




They are officially out of the baby pen and in the big girls pen. They seem to really like it they fly to the top of the fence (we have a top on it or they would be out) and run all the time. Here a couple are sunning themselves, but some of the others see me and are coming out to see what I am doing (no feed bucket in my hand) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)