Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Round Rug


I started this rug a couple weeks ago, hoping mom will want to help with it! Mom used to crochet a while back, so since she cannot do as much as she used to, my sisters and I are trying different things to see what she is interested in and what she wants to do. With her arthritis and eye sight, it can make some things a little difficult for her. Her and I (along with two of my sisters) plan on taking a few classes on different types of rug making (as soon as the weather makes up its mind!). Since the classes do not start for a while I decided to try this crochet rug. I could not find a  pattern for this rug so I decided to make it the way Grandma Bertie (my moms mom) did it. Mom was not sure if she could remember how but I guess she does because it seems to be laying down, curling up can be a problem, fingers crossed!.
Since dad passed away her and I are joined at the hip, where she goes I go and where I go she goes. I hope this summer proves to be a lot of enjoyment for mom (to much sadness this last year) I feel so blessed to have mom with us. I also have a few quilts in the making, may see if she would like to help me hand quilt them! If so I have a really nice quilting frame I can get out of the attic, (storage room). My hubby's grandma Ernie (his moms mom) had it made for me before she passed about 16 years ago. I have used it a lot and really enjoy hand quilting, its very relaxing. I will post a picture of it with the next one I (hopefully with mom) hand quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)